Thursday, March 13, 2014

Moving Process Update



Hey guys, I just wanted to give you an update on where we are in the moving process. We found a house and our lease begins on the 16th. However, our shipment with all of our furniture won’t be here until mid-April so we’ll be renting furniture to bridge the gap. Until the 17th (#stpatricksday #my1/2birthday #kissmeimirish) we are living in a fairly basic two bedroom apartment. Not quite the penthouse we were put up  in on the Aberdeen side, but it’ll do for now. 

The best part is it’s walking proximity to a nice park with a fantastic view of Mt. Diablo. 


Daily visits have become part of our afternoon routine and Forest really seems to enjoy the sunshine and laying on the grass. 

He’s also pretty content just sitting in his stroller so we park ourselves at a picnic table and I read or make phone calls while he just watches the clouds drift by. 




Occasionally, if I'm really lucky, he'll even drift off to sleep. 
I’m trying to enjoy his current stillness because I know once this baby starts moving it will be all hands on deck ALL. THE. TIME. 

Our air shipment (containing important items such as our exersaucer, activity mat, changing table and BOB stroller) arrived last Thursday but was selected for a customs inspection and has been held hostage ever since. I am really getting impatient with this since the premise is the air shipment is supposed to take 1 week to arrive and so far it’s been over 2 weeks. Our air shipment from Houston to Aberdeen didn’t arrive until 4 weeks after we got there so hopefully it doesn’t take that long. 

Luckily, Forest is pretty easily entertained but it can be kind of hard to keep him occupied with limited toys. He’s a pretty bright guy and will only stay amused for so long with a blanket and a full length mirror. 
Although, he has discovered squealing and blowing razz-berries recently so he enjoys exploring all the new sounds he can make. (and ohmygosh it is super cute.) 

The worst part is being without a changing table. I’ve been changing, swaddling, and massaging him on the floor for two weeks now and my back is killing me. 

So that’s where we are at this point. We are enjoying California and being back in the States. We hope to possibly get out for a short hike this weekend so stay tuned for the scoop! I’ll also make sure to give you a house tour as soon as we get the keys.

P.S. As soon as I wrote this post, Jonathan informed me that our air shipment has cleared customs and will be delivered today(!!!!). In Mahjong, there is a superstition that complaining about your ill-fortune will change your luck. It's called whinging. Apparently it works...Maybe I should whinge about how I don't have anyone to play mahjong with anymore!:)

1 comment:

  1. if you're ever in desperate need of a mahjongg game, you should drive down to bako! glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete