Saturday, March 8, 2014

Look Who's Talking: 4 Months Old


Let’s give a warm welcome to monthly guest blogger Forest Alexander. Forest is currently 4 months old and has just moved from Scotland to San Ramon, California. At his last well-visit he was weighing nearly 15 pounds which puts him in the whopping *50%* percentile. For those of you who are new here, Forest was born in the 2nd percentile so he’s been doing a stellar job of growing like a weed. For past guest blogs by Forest, you can read his 2nd and 3rd month posts here and here. 
Hey there guys. Sorry I’m a bit late. It’s all my mom’s fault. I’m usually a very punctual guy but my mom says that whole ‘if you ain’t got nothing nice to blog, don’t blog nothing at all’ thing and since jet lag had me feeling quite ‘cranky-pants’ (her words, not mine) she thought it was best for me to wait til I was getting a good night sleep before I gave y’all the scoop.  So here goes.


Likes:


Mirrors. I know I touched on this during my 3 month post, but have y’all seen how much cuter I have gotten in the past month? It’s really quite spectacular. I can’t peel my eyes away. 
In our new apartment bathroom, my mom angles the medicine cabinet mirror to where I can see 3-4 of my reflection and it is so awesome! I also like laying on a blanket next to my sliding closet mirrors. 
Sometimes when mom is trying to put me to bed, I catch sight of a stunningly good-looking baby in the closet mirror and I’m too distracted to sleep. At first glance, I think ‘Oh no, that baby is almost as good looking as me!’ and it scares the bejeezus out of me. But then my mom assures me that me and the mirror baby are one and the same which makes me feel so much better. 


Felix the Fox. 
My mom searched high and low for a fox toy for me and she finally delivered with Felix. He’s super soft on the outside yet all crinkly inside. The juxtaposition is fascinating. I love to cuddle him, squeeze him, and, of course, chew on his ears.


My new Whale tub. I was a bit apprehensive at leaving behind my bucket tub for this more traditional contraption, but a bath is a bath, and as always, I’m a fan. Besides, this layout makes it a lot easier to splash which is endlessly entertaining. 

And I especially like the scooper that has holes in the bottom so my dad can shower water on my belly. 

Awesome sauce. 


My feet. Don’t really have anything cute to say about why I like my feet, I just do. My mom gives me all these 'stimulating' toys but I'm happy just grabbing my toes. If it feels good, do it, ya know?
My fingers. See above. Just feels (and tastes) right.
‘Happy’ by Pharrel Williams. I LOVE this song. But really, who doesn’t? That’s sort of like saying that I like to scratch at my cradle cap. These things are universal, no?
TV! 
My mom is gonna be so embarrassed that I’m telling y’all this, but I love to watch TV. My mom watches ‘Good Morning America’ while we eat breakfast and sometimes I’m so enamored with the TV that I forget to drink my milk and she has to turn it off. And when nothing in the world will make me happy, my mom will bring me into her bed for some snuggles while we put on a show. At first, she would put on Baby Einstein or Sesame Street but I was like, ‘Mom, that stuff is for babies!’ so she started letting me watch her shows. Lately I’ve really been getting into Nashville. But my favorite by far is The Voice. That Shakira is real pretty (but not as pretty as my mom, of course...can you tell she edits these posts?).  
  

Dislikes:


When my mom leaves the room. OMG it is THE WORST. I have tried to let her know this by screaming bloody murder every time she does it but I must not be getting my point across because SHE KEEPS DOING IT. Can someone please have a talk with her about this?


Jet Lag
OMG it’s even worse than my mom leaving the room. Finally I am begging my mom to let me sleep all day and she keeps waking me up from my naps just when I get going. And then I wake up ready to play when it’s pitch dark outside and THIS is when she wants me to sleep. That woman is some kind of confusing. And we just found out Daylight Savings is tomorrow. Oh brother….

Well that's about all I have to say today. See y'all in a month! In the meantime, why don't y'all ponder how good lookin' I am.






3 comments:

  1. He is SO stinkin' precious. Love these "guest" blogs. Too cute Laine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is the high school girl holding him in the mirror video? Looks like she could use some chicken nuggets, fries and a shake! Great job, jolts a fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how funny to post from his perspective! ha!

    ReplyDelete