Monday, March 31, 2014

Look Who's Talking: 5 months old!


Over the weekend, Forest turned 5 months old, which means it’s time for Forest’s monthly guest blog. Please give a warm Wife Without Borders  welcome to Forest Alexander!

Hey guys. By now, you know the drill. Every month I show up here to write a little diddy on my likes and dislikes. I'm gonna cut to the chase today because I'm this close to crawling and I can't be delaying my motor development by playing on the computer all day. 
Likes:

Pulling my mom’s hair. When I first starting doing this I was tugging at the ends of her hair. Rookie mistake. She solved that problem by cutting 4 inches off the bottom and pulling her hair in a top knot 24 hours a day. Well now that I’m a tad bit more coordinated I have figured out how to grab at the source. Short hair? Top knot? No problem, I just go straight for the scalp and tug away. Whatchagonna do now, Mom?

Baby Einstein. 
I like it when my Mom does chores because it usually means she will pop me in my exersaucer for an episode of Baby Einstein. Have y’all seen this stuff? Trippy!
(P.S. You Tube has every episode of this for free so no need to buy the DVDs. You’re welcome.)


Rice Cereal. 
At first I was like ‘what in the world are you shoving in my mouth?’, but now I love meal times. I open wide for the ‘airplane’ (aka spoon for those of you with zero imagination) and I’d say I even manage to swallow 75% of what enters my mouth. The other 25% is for blowing razzberries with. It’s so much fun to watch rice cereal fly into my mom’s hair. 
Making it rain guys, making it rain.


My car mirror. My most favorite game is one called ‘Who’s that baby?’ Have you heard of it? It’s when your mom or dad plops you in front of a mirror and asks, ‘Who’s that baby?’. 
Trust me, it’s a hoot. Way better than that Cards Against Humanity nonsense. My parents got me my very own mirror that hangs in front of my car seat so I can play ‘Who’s that baby?’ everytime we run errands (aka go to Target). Best. Present. Ever.   
Napping. 
I’ve come a long way since my nap-protesting days. Now it’s quite the opposite. Rolling and scooting around all day is tough work. Not to mention bouncing in my exersaucer for minutes on end. That’s some serious cardio, my friends. I need a few naps sprinkled in throughout the day to recharge my batteries. Three naps to be exact; 4 if you’re lucky. I will let my mom and dad know it’s naptime by whining, moaning and screaming my head off until they stop what they are doing and carry me to my room for some shut eye. I don’t give a flip if mom is just trying to finish folding the laundry or putting dinner in the crock pot. I said it’s naptime NOW. Don't make me count to 3....


Dislikes:


Sleeping til 7 AM. Now that I’ve got this nap thing down, I’ve got to make up for lost time. I figure the most efficient way to do this is to wake up at 5:30 AM. Mom is not too happy about this and pleads with me to keep snoozing til the sun comes up. Apparently she wants me to sleep 12 hours at night AND take three naps a day. Some people are just greedy. 

Sroller rides.  
I used to like rides in the stroller until I discovered the Ergo carrier. I’d way rather be strapped to my momma than ride separately in the BOB. I’m not sure why she doesn’t feel the same. 
Or why she keeps putting me into the stroller. If my genes are any indication, I’m figuring my mom is probably a smart woman, but these days I’m starting to wonder if I get my supreme intelligence exclusively from my dad. I cry when I’m in the stroller. I don’t cry when I’m in the ergo. Figure it out, Mom. It’s not rocket science.  

Teething.  
Seriously, who came up with this? I started cutting my first tooth on Friday and it's the worst pain I've ever been through (and I'm one of God's chosen people, if you know what I mean...). You're telling me I've got 19 of these bad boys left? And that's just  the baby teeth? Sheesh. 

Well, guys that’s about it for my dislikes. I’ve come a long way from my days as a colicky persnickety guy and I think I’m pretty easy to please. It’s sunny, I’m well fed, I get 10 hours of sleep at night, and I’m pretty stinkin’ cute. 
What’s not to like about life? You know, other than that bone currently wedging it's way through my gums...






3 comments:

  1. He is pretty damn cute. I'm starting to see more of you in that face! Love the play mat:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Glad he's adapting well to being in the USA!

    ReplyDelete