Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Weekly (HA!) Pinterest Project: Sesame Street Paper Plate Craft



I’ve been totally slacking on my Pinterest projects lately. I keep accumulating good ideas but never seem to bring them to fruition. Finally two weeks ago, Forest was having a bad asthma day so I decided it was time to get our craft on. The boy loves painting as well as all of the characters from Sesame Street so when I saw this idea floating around on Pinterest I collected all the supplies for a rainy (or asthmatic) day. 
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4d/b2/d8/4db2d802819c0b58ad25b618f97cd0b3.jpg
Its pretty simple. All you need is: 
-Construction paper (a multi-pack depending on which character you want to do. We did Elmo and Cookie Monster so only needed orange, white, and black.)
-Washable Paints in whatever colors your monsters are. We used Crayola Washable Paints in primary colors yellow, blue, green, and red. 
-Toddler Paint Brushes. 
-A pack of cheapo white paper plates. I just needed 4 of these but unfortunately Target was only selling them in packs of 200 so I now have basically a lifetime supply. 
-Scissors.Toddler scissors if your little one has the dexterity to use them and wants to 'help', but I just did this part on my own.
-Glue Stick. 

I let Forest paint the paper plates in their individual colors while I got the mouths and eyes ready to glue on. 


I didn’t use a stencil and just eye-balled and free handed the proportions I needed. Then once the paint was dry on his paper plates I had him help me glue the features onto them. 
 He was instantly OBSESSED and asks to ‘hold cookie’ and 'paint plates!' all the time. It was fairly simple and since I have several white paper plates left over I have a couple of similar crafts in mind for the upcoming holidays. Like how cute are these turkeys??? 
 Thanksgiving Paper Plate Crafts for Kids (Find turkeys, pies, pilgrims, and more!) - Crafty Morning:
Totally doing it. Any of you creative readers have other ideas for what to do with 196 paper plates? 

P.S. Forest’s asthma is doing sooooooooooo much better (and I probably just jinxed it by typing that) but we were able to get it under control with a few days on Claritin which we much prefer to his inhalers. Praise Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time I came to this blog and I found some relevant stuff here. Basically I keen to know new parameters of writing every-time and sometime it become really very hard to find such kind of platform. Noodle box

    ReplyDelete