Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Forest's Birthday Celebration



The night before Forest’s birthday, Jonathan and I were little elves putting together his big ticket birthday items, mainly a train table with new trains and tracks and an easel with coordinating accessories. 


Jonathan took off work on F’s birthday morning to see his face as he discovered his new playroom additions. We didn’t have any special plans for his actual birthday, which worked out just fine because he literally only wanted to play with his trains all day. 
When I offered to take him to the park he replied ‘No. Play trains.’, and interrupting his play time to feed him breakfast/lunch/dinner was a recipe for tantrums. 
He occasionally took breaks from his trains to ‘draw pictures’ on his easel, but other than that he was totally focused on the train tracks. 

After he went to sleep on his birthday, his grandparents flew in from Louisiana. We were all sad that they didn’t get to see him for his actual birthday, but we had a big celebration in store the next day. 

I  had big intentions to throw Forest an over the top 2nd birthday party but when I ran into some health issues in September and then had a jam packed October with traveling and visitors, I knew it just wasn’t in the cards this year. Instead we just invited two of his closest buddies over for cake, presents, and playing with all the new loot. 

We kept it simple with a few sandwich/fruit/veggie trays.   
My friend Angela made the coolest Cookie Monster cake for Forest and the boys were obsessed (and let’s be honest- so were the adults!). 



Thanks so much Angela! I’m so glad I have talented friends, because if I would have attempted this it would surely have been a #PinterestFail. 


After cake, Angela took Ryan back home to trick or treat in their neighborhood but Bryce Batman and his entourage stuck around to make the rounds with the birthday boy. 
I wrote all about that adorable experience here. Maybe next year we will have the time/energy to go all out for baby boy’s birthday bash, but I think that his celebration this year was just perfect. He certainly had a blast!


No comments:

Post a Comment