Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Look Who's Talking: 11 Months Old!



Hey guys! Today Forest is 11 months old, just one short month away from the big 1 year celebration. This past month has been a mega-one. Forest’s little mind has developed so rapidly and even though he’s not walking just yet, he’s inching closer everyday. And he’s quite the ball of energy! I thought he couldn’t get any more hyper but this month has started a fascination with rough housing and physical play in general. He’s definitely all boy which means he’s definitely a handful. He keeps life interesting that’s for sure. Never a dull moment with this adorable 11 month old. Without further adieu, here he is to tell you just a little bit about what he’s been up to this month. 

Hiya guys. You’ll never believe all of the new things I’ve learned to do this month. I’m so busy learning that naturally I’ve had to cut out about an hour and a half of sleep per day so that I can continue practicing my new skills. My mom and dad are not so thrilled about the early mornings and short naps but life is way too interesting to spend too much time dozing in my crib. You can sleep when you’re a teenager, ya know? Here are just a few of my likes and dislikes at this point in time. 

Dislikes: 
1) Music class.  
My mom decided to enroll me in an enrichment class for the fall. I begged her to choose swimming but she said the times conflicted with my nap schedule.  I tried telling her I don’t need no stinkin’ naps but she didn’t listen. Instead she put me in a music class and it is all sorts of overwhelming. There are kids running everywhere, loud unexpected noises, and lots of strange adults. Does this sound like fun to you? 
I mean, I do like the music and when we get to play instruments it’s pretty cool but I spend a good chunk of the time huddled behind my momma’s legs with tears streaming down my face. She insists I’ll get used to it and I’m just what she calls an ‘introvert’ so it may take me some time to see the fun in absolute chaos. Doubtful. 

2) Afternoon naps. Earth to mom- I don’t want to take my afternoon nap. I don’t know how I can communicate this to you more clearly. I’ve conceded that Morning naps are a necessary evil but afternoon naps just have me on the bummer elevator going down. My mom insists that I need two naps till I’m at least 12 months old so every afternoon we go through the same fight to the death. It’s so exhausting that 75% of the time I actually end up needing the nap after all. Well played, mom. Well played. 
3) Getting spoon fed
Pureed food is for babies. I am 11 months old now, Mom. Get with the program and give me a cheeseburger. Please. 

4) My mom’s new photography obsession. Lucky me gets to be her model which usually involves her prodding me to be still. ‘Staying still’ is not part of my natural skill set (which is another reason I dislike music class).  

5) When my mom leaves the room. It’s terrifying.  Experts call it ‘separation anxiety’ but it could be more accurately described as ‘separation FULL-BLOWN-PANIC-ATTACK’. I mean, is it really so important for you to use the bathroom that you would abandon your only child in a completely safe environment for no more than 45 seconds just so that you can empty your bladder. What kind of mother are you????


6) The cow on peekaboo barn. It’s the only thing more terrifying than when my mom leaves the room. 


Likes: 
1) Clapping.  
I could literally clap all day long. It’s great fun. Sometimes, when I'm supposed to be ‘napping’ I’ll just sit up in my crib and practice clapping (Oh, sorry Mom- you said it was time to 'nap'? I could have sworn I heard you say it was time to 'clap'. You can surely understand my confusion.). I clap in the stroller, in my carseat, in my highchair, in the grocery cart, while sitting, while standing, while swinging. On a train, in the rain....you get the point.

I just can’t get enough. 

2) My walker toy. 
I’m getting pretty frustrated with my inability to walk freely, but my lion walker helps me get around the house when crawling and cruising just won’t do. It’s the most fun to sprint down the hall. 

3) Sorting shapes. 
Except for that stinkin’ star in the middle. I swear it’s easier for a rich man to get into heaven than it is for that star to fit through it’s coordinating hole. 
I’m convinced there is a conspiracy against me and it actually doesn’t fit into the hole at all. The big wigs at Fisher-Price are just testing to see how long I’ll keep trying. It’s probably some pre-requisite to get into these Bay Area pre-schools. Of course, I know how to get the star into the stinkin’ box. I just take the top off and toss it in. 
How’s that for brains? All the other shapes are great fun and I love that every time I sort one correctly my mom claps and tells me I’m the smartest baby in the whole world.



According to her, I should just skip preschool and apply straight to Harvard. 

4) Books. 
They are the best. I love when my mom and dad read to me but I also like to sit and flip through the pages by myself. 
My favorite is definitely ‘Brown Bear, Brown Bear’ but I’ve got lots more if you’re needing any recommendations for your next book club. Might I suggest ‘Where is Baby’s Belly Button?’? (Spoiler alert: It’s under her shirt.) 

5) Samson. 
He is my best buddy and always good for a giggle. 
6) Brushing my teeth. 
It's a real hoot and I get pretty stinkin' excited when my momma hands me my toothbrush.

Dental hygiene is the coolest. 

Alright guys, I’ve got shapes to sort, xylophones to play, and naps to fight. See y’all for the big ONE next month! 









No comments:

Post a Comment