Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Look Who's Talking: 10 Months Old!

Look Ma, no hands!
Over the weekend, our bubs celebrated his 10 month birthday. I know I say this every month but y’all, I can’t believe I have a 10 MONTH OLD! It just seems so old. His birthday is just around the corner and I’m already brainstorming ideas for his party. But that's another post for another day.  I know you’re just here to read his monthly guest post so I’ll let him get on with it. Please welcome *10 month old*, Forest Alexander! 
Hey there! Lots has happened since I spoke to you last. I took my first trip to Louisiana, spent lots of time at the park and the pool, and discovered my new favorite thing: opening up all the kitchen cabinets and pulling out everything that’s inside. So let’s kick off my usual likes and dislikes right there: Likes: 
1) Opening up cabinets and drawers and pulling out everything inside. 
My mom has a designated play area set up for me in the living room, but I really prefer the kitchen. Tupperware collections, old grocery bags, cookware- what could be more fun than that? 

Certainly not those stackable rings she keeps pushing on me. 
Lame.
And when I hear the refrigerator or dishwasher door open- oh man- it is like music to my ears. I’m there in a flash to get my hands on whatever loot I can. 

2) Making people laugh. I don’t like to toot my own horn, but I’m a bit of a comedian. I’ll do anything to coax a laugh out of my parents including spitting food all over them. 
Charming, no? I’m not afraid to make a joke at my own expense either, and many times will act super silly just so my mom chuckles and snaps a photo.
My comedic specialty is imitations. Here I am doing my best ‘momma blowing raspberries’.   
3)Untying shoes. Part of my sense of humor involves untying mom and dad’s shoe laces. 
I can’t wait til I have the dexterity to tie both shoes together. It’s gonna be legend(waitforit)dary.   

4)Talking. Pretty soon I won’t need my mom to dictate these blog posts for me anymore because I’ll be able to write themselves with my mastery of the English language. As of now my vocab consists of innumerable nonsense syllables and 2 'real' words, which I repeat over and over again. These are ‘dog’ and ‘momma’. And really, momma should count as at least 4 different words because that simple phrase communicates so many things such as ‘pick me up, please’, ‘more food, please’ ,‘bottle now, please’, and ‘can you open the dishwasher so that I can climb inside, please?’. For example, here is me saying 'Mom give me more food right this instant!':
(Oops...I forgot the magic word!)

‘Dog’ is more limited in scope but I still use it often to identify some of my most favorite things.
5) Dogs. I love my dogs Bailey and Samson. Samson likes me ok, but Bailey spends most of her time hiding from me and when I find her she is not the nicest. 
That’s why when I went to my Nana and Pops’ house and met their two baby-loving dogs, I was literally in dog heaven. I especially love their big gold dog, Penny, because she lets me pet her, pull her ears and climb all over her. Bliss.

Dislikes: 
1) The vacuum cleaner. It’s terrifying and makes me very scared and upset, which gives my mom the perfect excuse not to vacuum much. Fine by me!
Make it stop!
2)Swings.   
Old news.
I know, I know, I used to love the swings, but that was soooo last month. Plus my mom takes me swinging every stinkin' morning. Yawn. Now, I’m much more of a slide kinda guy, and I especially like climbing up the slide…of course. 


 3)Staying still for pictures. Can you tell? 





4) The word 'no'. Seems like the older I get the more uncool my mom gets. It's 'no' this and 'no' that. No dumping out the dogs' water bowl. No splashing toilet water. No chewing on computer cords. No climbing into the dishwasher. No, no, no fun. 

Alrighty guys, that’s about all I’ve got at this point. Hope to see you around in a month! Until then, feast your eyes on this:







No comments:

Post a Comment