Friday, October 17, 2014

Weekly Pinterest Project: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies



I know, I know. A lot of my Pinterest projects have been baked goods lately. That is partly because my recent crafting experiments have all been for Forest’s upcoming Halloween bash so I don’t want to blog about them before the big reveal. It’s also partly because there is just something about Fall weather that makes me want to add a little layer of insulation on my belly. Farewell swimsuit season! Hello leggings, oversized tunics, boots, and pumpkin flavored goodness! The season of comfort and coziness is upon us, finally! 

And there is nothing like a cool front to evoke an unnatural craving for all things pumpkin. When I needed something easy to whip up before a play date this week, I turned to Pinterest to find a recipe that somehow incorporated pumpkin and chocolate and quickly found about 5 dozen recipes. 

About 2 years ago, my friend Nary made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to take along with us on a hike, and I have literally been craving them every day since.   
The day we walked ten miles and the day I was introduced to the heavenly-ness that is Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I decided to finally indulge my craving by settling on this recipe, and I was not disappointed. 
Original Source for photo and recipe
Here is the recipe from the original site in case you're like me and can seriously not be bothered to waste precious nap time minutes by clicking on a link. Though I urge you to check out the original site because she posts some good tips for making these cookies  live up to their absolute potential.  
Original source
The great thing about using pumpkin in baked goods is that it keeps everything delightfully moist (p.s. am I the only person on earth that doesn’t have an issue with the word ‘moist?’) and chewy. These cookies came out perfectly textured and not overly sweet. 

Usually when I host play group I am forcing left overs onto the moms as they leave. This week I was totally stingy with the amount of cookies I sent them home with, and when one of the moms said no thanks to her to-go bag, instead of slipping them in her diaper bag, I hesitantly asked ‘Are you sure….?’ while silently screaming ‘Yes! More for me!’. 

I had to have self control not to eat them all that evening because I was having another friend over for a play date the next day and wanted to share with her. When she called that morning to reschedule my first thought was ‘Now I can eat all of the pumpkin cookies myself…quick before Jonathan gets home from work!’ 

It ain’t pretty but they really are that good. So good that I forgot to take a picture of them before there were only 6 measly cookies left. Out of 3 dozen.

Absolute perfection, especially with a nice cuppa pumpkin chai tea. 

Straight up.

And speaking of pumpkins, tomorrow we are taking our first ever visit to a pumpkin patch. I am almost passing out from excitement. Can't wait to snap some photos of this gorgeous baby amongst all the photogenic pumpkins. Stay tuned!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment