Thursday, October 30, 2014

Happy 1st Birthday, Forest Alexander!

Y'all, I have so much to blog about but honestly just don't have the time to sit and write it all down right now. We just got back from vacation yesterday, just in time to go grocery shopping and get the house in order for Forest's special birthday guests (Jon's parents) to arrive. All the while we have been making the final push to get all of our ducks in a row for Forest's Halloween birthday party on Friday. I promise over the next two weeks I will be a blogging fool, telling you all about our trip to the Mendocino coast, Forest's birthday party, and the visit from Jon's parents. And of course, Forest is working on his 12 month guest blog in his spare time so you can expect that very soon! 

Anyway, this random tangent is just to say that even though I really have zero time to blog, I would be remiss if I didn't use this platform to wish our charming little pumpkin a very happy 1st birthday. 
Happy birthday, Forest Fire! You keep life fun and chaotic and unpredictable. Years ago I prayed that God would help me become more flexible. He knew what He was doing when He asked me to raise you, my sweet independent boy. 
Everyday you are refining me; making me more patient, less selfish. More adaptable and less stringent. I've loved watching you grow and develop this year and can't wait to see the little boy you develop into as time goes on. 

And also, happy birthday to another one of my all time favorite guys- My dad! 
How cool is it that these two share a birthday? Especially since I think they look like twinsies. 
Happy birthday, dad! I hope that next year we can all celebrate October 30th together!

No comments:

Post a Comment