Saturday, May 3, 2014

Look Who's Talking: 6 Months Old!

Recently, Forest celebrated his 6 month birthday. As per usual, he has a few things he’d like to say in regards to his likes and dislikes in life. So please join me in welcoming Forest Alexander for his monthly guest post on Wife Without Borders. (**For his previous guests posts go here, here, here and here.)

Hiya guys! How was your April? Mine was pretty stellar, I have to say. Sunshine, solid foods, and the Easter Bunny. Does it get any better than that? 

Anyways, let’s cut to the chase and jump right in to my likes and dislikes as a 6 month old resident of the universe. 
Likes:

1) Rolling over while my mom tries to change my diaper. Best. Game. Ever.

2) Screaming. Look, I don’t scream because I’m hungry, or tired, or bored, or poopy, or anything like that. I scream because it’s simply a whole lotta fun. You should try it sometime.

3) Cameras. The good Lord blessed me with movie star good looks, the least I can do is give a toothy smile any time a camera is pointed in my direction.

4) Tricking my mom into thinking I’m about to crawl. This is yet another super fun game. I get on my hands and knees and start rocking, at which point my mom rushes to get her video camera, determined to catch it on film. Of course, as soon as I see the camera, I drop everything I am doing and give a giant grin.What she's left with is a 20-second snippet of me striking my best red carpet pose while remaining completely stationary.
Gotcha again, mom! 


5)Books. What’s not to love? They are fun, colorful, and perfect for chewing on.
6) My Zo-li toys. What’s not to love? They are fun, colorful, and perfect for chewing on.
7) Burp Cloths. What’s not to love? They are fun, colorful, and perfect for chewing on. 
8) My tadpole mats. What’s not to love? They are fun, colorful, and perfect for chewing on. Are you sensing a pattern here?


9) The grocery store. (Or Target. I’m not picky.) 
My mom got me a shopping cart cover so that I can ride like a big boy while she whittles down her list and I just love zooming along the aisles and looking at all the bright colors. 
Of course my most favorite part about it is all the people I get to see. Several of them make a point of coming over to tell me what a handsome fellow I am. I don't like to brag (hahaha), but one or two of them have even remarked that I am the "cutest baby they have ever seen". That's a direct quote. Just saying…it’s nice to hear from time to time.  My mom doesn't say it nearly enough, unless y'all consider a bajillion times a day enough. I surely don't. If you would like to leave a little note in the comment section about your thoughts of me being the cutest baby you've ever seen, my ego would greatly appreciate it. Anyway...


10) Bailey (and Samson to a lesser extent). 



I guess you could say that in general I like dogs. But Bailey is for sure my favorite of the species. I’m sad to say that at this point it’s a bit of an unrequited love but my mom assures me that one day she will return my affections and Bailey and me will be best buds. 
"I can't make you love me if you don't..."

 11) Solid Food. 
Have y’all heard of this stuff? Who knew there was more to life than milk and rice cereal? Well let me tell you, there is a world of flavors out there and I love them all. 
Even pureed turkey, which in reality is probably even grosser than it sounds. But I don’t care. I am an equal opportunity eater and I’m not scared of a little mushy meat on the menu from time to time. By far my favorite food is bananas!!!
Or maybe sweet potatoes...
Or possibly carrots....
But then again, I really love zucchini... 
IDK, do I have to pick just one favorite? 

(Another good thing about eating solids is that it's earned me some bonus points with my Bailey-dog. Every once in a while I'll drop a piece of  avocado and the bond between us grows.)


The playground. 
I went through a phase when I didn’t like my stroller very much, but now I understand that a stroller is just an apparatus that takes you to the park, so I don’t mind it so much anymore. At the park, I love to play on the swings, but occasionally my mom will ride with me down a slide and that’s pretty stinkin’ fun as well.  

Dislikes: 
Y’all, I am having the hardest time coming up with things I don’t like. Naps aren’t my favorite but I’ve come to respect them as a necessary evil. 
I’m still on the fence about sleeping through the night. Sometimes I like it just fine but other times it gets in the way of my playing time, and that’s not cool at all. 
I guess my biggest dislike is being out and about when naptime hits. I hate napping on the go so when my mom or dad tries to trick me into napping in my car seat, I let them know (loudly) that I am not too pleased about this. My parents have also stopped swaddling me which makes it extremely difficult to fall asleep in my crib, but I’m slowly getting used to it. And really, that’s about all I have to complain about these days. 

I have to say, I’m a pretty jolly guy, or as most of the grocery store patrons like to say: I’m the "happiest baby they have ever seen". Direct quote.   









1 comment:

  1. He is one handsome baby. Looking more and more like his pretty mama:)

    ReplyDelete