Monday, October 10, 2016

We're Going to Disney World!



Four years ago I went to Disney World with my parents, my sister, and my sister’s 3 and 6 year old boys, after which I swore I would not take my own kids to Disney until they were at least 10. Which is yet another pre-parenting comment which has made me put my foot in my mouth. 
Apparently Costco offers amazing deals to Disney World and one of the perks of Jonathan’s work schedule is ample time to do things like take our 3 year old to the most magical place on earth for his birthday. And perhaps Jonathan also has a bit of daddy-guilt and is slightly over-indulgent with Forest these days. Either way, we are going to Disney World! 

Our main attitude is this: Forest will be 3. He doesn’t know if he misses a ride or doesn’t meet a certain character. He has NO expectations of Disney and I’m sure he will be stinkin’ ecstatic about everything he does get to do/see so we are planning to keep it as low stress and go-with-the-flow as possible. We plan on getting there when the parks open, staying until naptime and then leaving, returning to the parks after resting only IF we feel like it. 

We will have 3 days at the parks and plan on hitting Magic Kingdom basically every day and visiting Animal Kingdom one morning and Epcot one evening for the Food and Wine festival. We have a character dinner one evening which is the only firm plan we have. 

Thunder Mountain is closed for refurbishing during our trip which is a big fat bummer but actually takes some pressure off because it’s one less major attraction to scratch off the list. Just a bummer because our little thrill seeker isn’t tall enough for Space Mountain so I was really looking forward to riding Thunder Mountain with him. Oh well! Like I said, he won’t know the difference and Splash Mountain and The Seven Dwarves Mine Train will be plenty exciting for him, I’m sure. 

And also, the reason I have been slacking (more than usual) on the blogging thing is that there is a mountain of information regarding how to maximize your time and energy at Disney and I have ironically been using all my spare time and energy  to comb through the heap of data regarding the subject. Anybody have any insider tips on Disney with an adventurous, Pixar obsessed 3 year old?

1 comment:

  1. I cannot offer any help but hope y'all have a great time! I won't be taking the kids to Disney for a loooooong time, haha.

    ReplyDelete