Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Hallelujah! Forest is starting preschool!

The moment I have been (impatiently) waiting for for the past 2 years, 10 months and 1 day has finally arrived. I'm not sure who is more excited, me or Forest. He has been on cloud nine ever since we had a 'meet the class' day Monday morning. I asked if he had fun at school and he said "no I didn't go to school. I went to PRE school". Get it right, mom! 






Of course, the day does bring a sense of sentimentality with it. It's remarkable how big this baby boy has become and just how much more grown up and independent he becomes with each day. His favorite phrase lately is: "I didn't need your help mommy. I did it all by myself." And while the wording stings, I know he's coming from a place of joy and pride in his new found abilities. And honestly, what's the end purpose of parenthood if not for our children to confidently say- "I don't need your help. I can do it all by myself." (Though hopefully we manage to teach him to say it with a bit more tact...and of course that he can't do anything all by himself but should seek the Lord first in all things...but he's 2 so we haven't really gotten there yet;)) 

I can't wait to watch him continue to thrive and bloom right before our eyes. He's such a smart, curious, observant little boy and I think preschool will be a great experience for him to start learning to interact (ie share and take turns) with his peers a bit more. 

Happy first day of preschool little buddy. We love you and are bursting with pride over what a wonderful little child you are. And we're praying hard for your teacher who probably has no idea that a wolf-cub masquerading as an adorable preschooler is about to enter her classroom. 

Of course such a momentous occasion required two photo shoots...Actually I was just testing the lighting and where I wanted to snap the pictures and Forest jumped right in to model so I went with it and then we did an actual 'day of' shoot for him. 






1 comment: