Monday, March 2, 2015

Look Who's Talking: 16 Months Old!



Time just keeps marching on and day by day our baby/toddler hybrid is tipping the scales more towards toddler than baby. He’s a 16-month old, play-ground playing, vocabulary-building ball of pure energy and silliness. Here he is to outline his various interests (and disinterests) at this fun age. 
Hey guys! Pretty soon I won’t need my mom to dictate these guest posts to you because I’ll have the vocab to tell it to you for myself. But until then, she’s still my go-to gal for toddler translations. Let’s do this thing. 

Dislikes: 
1) The sun in my eyes.  Which is unfortunate because also on my dislikes list are: 2) Sunglasses and  3) Hats. You can see my dilemma. Did I mention I live in sunny California? Sigh… 
These days I'm pretty easy to please so aside from getting sunlight in my eyes or seeing a peach on my feeding tray, I'm basically at peace with the world. Let's talk about the good stuff. 

Likes:  
1) Sticks. I don’t know why my mom keeps wasting money on toys when there are unlimited amounts of free resources on any sidewalk in town. 



2) Water fountains/bird baths/puddles/etc. Basically anything I can splash around in, especially if it provides enough water for me to completely soak myself. It’s not a successful day unless my mom needs to change my wardrobe at least 4 times throughout the day. 




3) Cars. I used to hate car rides but now I don’t mind so much, #1 because I get to ride inside a car. How cool! And #2 because on car rides I can point out all the other cars on the road. I don’t know why my mom and dad stress about traffic jams. They are fine by me. And have y’all heard of parking lots? Pure heaven. 
The only buzzkill is that my mom refuses to let me run into parking lots/streets to touch all the cars. She says parking lots and streets are where cars play, not babies. Well if playing with cars is wrong, I don’t want to be right. Luckily, I have a few toy cars to play with so I can get my fix. 
And my parents got me these spectacular vehicle-themed fridge magnets which are pretty awesome sauce, though I don't know who invited that plane to the party. 

4) Going down the slide (on my own). 
My mom kept hovering and ‘helping me’ go down the slide until finally my dad came to the park with us and told her to chill out and let me do it myself. Well I sure surprised her by getting on my booty, kicking my legs out in front of me and scooting right on down the slide. I did that enough times for her to let her guard down before I resumed my preferred sliding method of going down head first.Just keeping you on your toes, momma. Look alive!
 
Ok, folks, that’s me. I’ll see ya in about a month!









This picture pretty much sums up how easy these little photo shoots are these days...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment