Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Editing Fun

Baby boy finally took a decent nap while the hubs was home, so Jon was able to walk me through exactly how to upload photoshop actions in my Photoshop program. Actions in Photoshop are kind of like really technical instagram filters and make fancy-pants editing much simpler. I found the motherload of free templates (asks for voluntary donations) on The Coffee Shop Blog and have been having a good time just playing around with some of her actions.  This is an exhaustive list of all off the available actions which link specific tutorials for each one. Here are a few of my practice edits from the weekend. 

I like this shot because it's prettty sharp but also quite monochromatic. It was shot in my parents' neighborhood, just walking around and exploring. Here is the original:
 And here are some edited with actions downloaded from The Coffee Shop Blog.




Downtown Action, inspired by Instagram's Early Bird filter.


Robin's Egg Blue


Here is a more recent shot that I took of Forest just playing around in the backyard. It offers a bit more color and texture so you can really see the different effects of the editing actions. This is the original straight off of the camera:
 And these are some edits:

Butter Cream Luxe


Downtown. My fave for this shot I think:)


Robin's Egg Blue
I am having so much fun playing around with these edits.  I feel like these actions really help to polish up my shots and give them a more professional feel. Poor Forest is already fed up with the whole 'momarazzi' thing I have going on though. It takes a lot of coaxing to get him to face towards the camera and usually when I bring it out, he says a firm' no!' before abruptly turning his back to me. Sigh... Why didn't I figure out this whole photography thing before he could walk and talk? I'll just have to have another baby just so that I can have an immobile subject to photograph. Haha, just kidding Jonathan;) 

Here are just a few more.


No comments:

Post a Comment