Friday, January 9, 2015

Look Who's Talking: 14 Months Old!



Sorry for the delay. We were out of town for a whopping 16 days and are just now starting to shake off the holiday haze and get back to reality. First on the docket is of course, Forest’s 14 month guest post since it's already 10 days late. He has been dying to fill y’all in on how much he has drastically changed in the past 6 weeks. Here he is.....

**************************************************** 
Hiya guys. About a week ago I celebrated my 14 month birthday. Aparrently the whole world was celebrating because there were a bunch of fireworks and hoopla right about that time too. I didn’t hate fireworks nearly as much this year as I did when they went off all night last year for my 2 month birthday. 

Also, I finally have all my canines and 1st year molars fully in and I’ve been cold-free for nearly 3 weeks so I’m back to being a pretty happy and humorous guy.  For awhile there, even my momma didn’t want to be around me, so I know the whining was a bit excessive. Apologies. But since I’m on an upswing I figured I’d start off with my likes first this month. Let’s do this thing. 
Likes: 
1) The beach. 
Holy moly, have y’all been to the beach?!?!? It’s awesome. I mean, I know I said the same thing 2 months ago when we went to Fort Bragg, but in case you were wondering,  the beach is awesome in Alabama as well. 


My favorite things to do on the beach are: run fearlessly into the waves, dig holes, pour sand on my head, walk on the boardwalk, chase birds, push wagons, ride in wagons, demonstrate how seashells can be used as a choking hazard, etc, etc.  The list goes on and on… 
My parents say they are gonna take me back in the summer when I can go swimming and I’m pretty excited about that because number 2 on my list is: 

2) Swimming. 
While we were at the beach we stayed at my Nana Kay and Big Poppa’s condo which has an indoor pool. This was super duper awesome because most of the weather while we were in Orange Beach was kind of stinky and wet and cold, so we were stuck inside. I didn’t mind at all because that just meant I got to go swimming in the warm pool downstairs. It was some of the best moments of my life. 

3) Restaurants that are also sports bars. 




Did you know that there are restaurants where you can eat black beans , drink out of a big kid cup, color on a piece of paper and watch TV all at the same time?!?!? Awesome sauce.  
4) Baby Einstein. My favorite thing to do on vacation is to snuggle up with my peeps for some educational programming. 
Apparently my extended family is totally unequipped to keep up with my energy level all day so we would take frequent breaks to watch TV. I didn’t mind one smidge. 

5) The zoo. Especially the petting hugging/kissing zoo where you run up to the nearest pig or goat, put your arms around their neck and plant a big sloppy kiss right on their lips. 
It’s also a hoot to feed llamas and giraffes and to roar at lions. 




And even better is getting to go to the zoo with my buddy Kye, even though he kept getting territorial if I went anywhere near his wagon.   
2 year olds. Am I right? 

6) Pulling my very own suitcase. Y’all know that I’m a huge fan of anything that can be pushed or pulled, so my Nana and Pops really hit the jackpot when they got me my very own suitcase for Christmas. 

It kept me very busy in the airport on the way home. 

7) Grandparents. 

Ever wonder what it must be like to be a celebrity? Get a grandparent. Suddenly you’ve got an audience oohing and ahhing over your every burp. And if you want to see your adoring fans go nuts, just hold your arms up for a cuddle or open your mouth wide for a big kiss. 
They can’t get enough. 

Cousins are also pretty awesome except for the fact that they divert my grandparents' attention away from me. 

Ok, on to the dislikes: 
1) Being told I have to leave the beach. I will certainly overreact with a full body temper tantrum. 

2) Being told I have to get out of the pool. I will certainly overreact with a fully body temper tantrum. 

3) Being told I have to leave the magical restaurant that is also a sports bar. I will certainly overreact with a fully body temper tantrum. 

4) Being told my 20 minutes of Baby Einstein is “all done”. I will certainly overreact with a fully body temper tantrum. And the cutesy sign language my mom does to tell me it's 'all done' just makes matters worse.  

5)Being told I have to leave the petting zoo in order to go into the bird habitat. I will certainly overreact with a fully body temper tantrum. 

6) Being told I can no longer pull my own suitcase and must store it in the overhead compartment. I will certainly overreact with a fully body temper tantrum…which will illicit some very worried looks from neighboring plane passengers.  

 7) Saying goodbye to grandparents. I will certainly overreact with a fully body temper tantrum. DON’T MAKE ME GO BACK TO SPENDING ALL DAY WITH MY BORING OLE MOM WHO DOESN’T LET ME WATCH BABY EINSTEIN EVERY MORNING AND BUYS ME STUPID REGULAR CHEERIOS (honey nut cheerios, who knew?????!?) AND NEVER LETS ME EAT SNOBALLS OR STAY UP PAST BEDTIME. SAVE ME NANA!!!! Ahem. I sort of blacked out there for a minute. I may have some anger issues I need to work out. God’s not finished with me yet…

Anyhoo, I’ll see y’all in only about 3 weeks since I’m actually already 14 months and 1.5 weeks old. 



1 comment: