Saturday, January 31, 2015

Look Who's Talking: 15 months old!



Hey everyone! Forest turned a whopping *15 months old* on Friday and we are celebrating in the usual style with a guest post from the one and only Forest Alexander. Please put your hands together and give him a warm welcome on the blog today. 

*************************************************
Hey y’all! How have you been? I’ve been so-so. I finally caught a break from incessant teething only to become one of the many victims of this year’s flu season. Whatcha gonna do? Other than that, month 15 has been pretty stellar. Here is a snapshot of my current likes and dislikes. 

Dislikes: 
1) The flu. 
Wowza. It takes a pretty powerful virus to make me want to curl up in my mom’s lap and sit still all day, but that flu is some serious stuff. It’s not messing around. 3 days of fever, aches, chills and cold baths was total misery. Not to mention that I had to stay quarantined in my house for a few days after the worst had passed just to make sure no one else caught the bug from me. Those were my Mom’s orders. If it were up to me I’d take all you suckers down with me. Misery loves company and what not. 
2) Getting my diaper changed. It’s not as if I’ve ever particularly enjoyed this necessary evil, but recently it’s really been chapping my butt (No pun intended. Ok pun slightly intended.). 

That's really all I've got to complain about today. Once you have a bad health scare, you start appreciating more stuff in life. On to the good stuff!
Likes: 

1) Anything that can be pushed, pulled, or rolled.
Literally, any of the above three things is a hit with me. Ball? Awesome. Toy car? Super. My very own wheely suitcase? Hours of fun.  



 2)Eating with a fork.   




I can have the absolute yuckiest food on the world on my plate. I’m talking broccoli, strawberries, carrots, the worst! But then my mom hands me a fork and suddenly those gross foods go through a Cinderella transformation and magically turn into tasty gourmet delicacies. I’m telling you, a fork makes everything taste better. 

3)The word ‘no’ (as long as I'm the one saying it). I’m not entirely sure what it means but I sure like to say it ALL. DAY. LONG. It’s really charming. Just ask my mom. Do I want carrots? Hmmmm…let me think about it. NO! Do I want to hold mommy’s hand. Hmmm…that’s a tough one... NO! Do I want to take a happy nap? NO! NO! NO! a thousand times NOOOOOOO! 


But then sometimes I get on a roll with saying 'no' that I get a bit tripped up and will actually say no when I really meant to say yes. Like apparently when your mom asks if you want crackers, it’s not a trick question. And even though the word 'crackers' sounds a lot like 'carrots' they are actually two different things completely. So if your mom asks you if you want crackers, do yourself a favor and answer Yea!Yea!Yea!  

 4) Giving myself a standing ovation. 

Look, my self esteem is pretty fragile after some 3 month old won over me in this year's Gerber baby competition. There’s always someone younger, am I right? Ageism at it’s worst. Anyhoos, my mom telling me I’m the cutest and smartest and fastest baby on the planet 10 times a day is definitely not enough to pull me out of this hole I’m in.  Somebody’s gotta to be there give me some appreciation when I successfully complete a puzzle or narrowly escape death by safely climbing off of a two foot tall fire place. 
Might as well be me giving myself props in case my mom is too busy  posting cute pics of me on Instagram to notice. 


5) Climbing on (and off) anything remotely climbable. 

This is my newest hobby. Combine climbing with pushing a toy on wheels? Well, that’s the dream, folks;  That’s the dream. 
Ok guys, that about wraps up today's musings. See ya when I’m 16 months old! Have a great February! 




No comments:

Post a Comment