Saturday, November 15, 2014

Forest's Actual Birthday


Jonathan's parents arrived in San Ramon on the evening of the 29th, after  our little munchkin had already gone to bed. The next morning he had a big surprise waiting for him. We greeted him in bed with balloons to start the celebration. 





It helped to have his grandparents there because he was a bit stunned and actually stayed still to have some cute photos taken. 

After breakfast we went to the park and just hung out until naptime. After his morning nap we headed over to the nearby Moore’s pumpkin patch. This one was smaller than the G&M Farms we had gone to a few weks earlier and was more catered to the elementary than toddler set. He couldn’t really participate in any of the attractions, but he had plenty of fun riding in the wagon and pushing it around the pumpkin patch. 





Unfortunately it was a blazing hot day so we didn’t stay long. Instead we headed over to Baja Fresh for his favorite meal – Black beans! 
Forest loves going out to restaurants. He is a people watcher and if staring contests were an Olympic sport he’d probably be a gold medalist. 
Dada is my homeboy.
That plus beans for lunch made it a great outing for him. It may have got him a bit too excited because he boycotted his afternoon nap (he’s been doing that a lot lately). After his (not really) ‘quiet time’ we let him open his presents from the family. 


His aunts and uncles did a great job picking out presents for him and there were puzzles, fox pjs, trains, and a talking dog. His grandparents got him some really cool toys for his first birthday as well. 





Someone just asked me what Jon and I got Forest for his birthday and my answer was : NOTHING! He got soooooo much amazing stuff from friends and family that it really felt excessive to get him something ourselves. His birthday was two weeks ago and I have been giving him one new toy a day and I still haven’t introduced them all yet.  Seriously! Baby boy is all set for toys. 

We spent the rest of his birthday playing with his new toys and going to the park. Because he didn’t take an afternoon nap that meant he sadly had to have an early bedtime on his birthday, but luckily he slept for over 12 hours that night and was well rested for his big Halloween bash which you can read more about here

I have been so sentimental about his turning one, I can’t believe his birthday has already come and gone. I have plenty of deep thoughts to share about my shaky emotional state as I watch my baby quickly transition into a toddler and I will do so just as soon as he cuts these stinkin’ teeth and we both get some rest!

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky he loves eating at restaurants! Riya won't sit still for longer than 15 minutes:/ So great that he was showered with presents on his birthday. Let me know if there's a specific toy you think I should get for Riya!

    ReplyDelete