Saturday, April 22, 2017

Mexico!



Hola! This is the first time I’ve opened my computer in two weeks, and for good reason. We’ve been traveling for 10 of the past 14 days. First we took a kid free trip to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico while my parents kept Forest and then we were home just long enough to pack our bags for  a 5 day trip to visit friends in California. So much fun but now that I’m back to real life I feel majorly disoriented and unorganized. I plan on getting posts written about Mexico, California, Forest’s Easter basket, and Forest’s upcoming half birthday but that may be a little ambitious of me! One step at a time so let’s start with our Mexico trip! 

Y’all, I have been fantasizing about an all-inclusive trip to Mexico since Forest was born. Honestly, in those sleep deprived newborn days, nothing on earth sounded more desirable than just laying on the beach while someone delivered me drinks. And let me tell you, it was everything I imagined it to be and more. 
Displaying image3.JPG
We only went for 4 nights because I was unsure of how Forest would react to us leaving him, but I should have guessed that the little stinker wouldn’t even notice we were gone. When we came back he even told me to go back to Mexico. So next time we know to go for a whole week! 

We stayed at El Dorado Royale near Cancun which was just a short hop from the Houston airport. Honestly only having to pack for myself and getting to use my own ipad on the airplane felt like a vacation in itself. 
The eating dinner by ourselves and taking naps whenever we felt like it and having a butler brings us cocktails on the beach was just icing on the cake. Seriously, when can we go back?!?!?! 


I was a big fan of the beach/pool beds everywhere.

The resort was enormous and had plenty of restaurants, bars, pools, and beaches to explore. My parents are members so we even got to participate in a few ‘members only’ events that were amazing, namely a wine-food cooking show at Fuentes with a guest chef and sommelier where we had a 5 course gourmet meal with perfect wine pairings. 


Unfortunately, I have never had the tolerance to consume 5 glasses of wine so I don’t know why I thought after 4 years of barely drinking at all I would be able to handle it. The food was so good and the wine so perfectly enhanced it that I think it just snuck up on me how much I consumed. The room was certainly spinning by the end of the night and I woke up feeling awful and so mad at myself! I definitely didn’t want to spend one of my 4 kid-free days feeling sick. But the beauty of a hangover on a kid-free trip is that you can actually nurse yourself back to health. 

We woke up and I forced myself to drink some juice and eat some toast and then conked out for a 3 hour nap. I woke up with an appetite for lunch and feeling almost as good as new. Or at least good enough to lay on a beach bed reading and dozing until dinner time. 
It sidetracked me on my goal to finish an 800 page book and sample all the drinks on the specialty cocktail menu during our stay but sometimes you just gotta roll with the punches. Plus we are going back in September to the kid friendly sister resort next door so I still have time to try the rest of the drinks. I also got through a good chunk of both the cocktail menu and my book on our final full day in Mexico. 
I ended up leaving with both about halfway finished.  We had such a good time and just wished we’d  stayed longer. My parents swear that Forest was angelic (and maybe just a little silly) and so hopefully they’ll volunteer to keep him again sometime. I know he had a blast with them and keeps going on and on about fro-yo, chocolate milk, and getting to watch Planes in the car. 

Displaying image2.JPGDisplaying image1.JPG
They even took him to his first MLB game complete with peanuts and cracker jacks, so no wonder he didn’t care if we never got back.  

3 comments:

  1. That Thomas train "tent" was the best $9 we spent on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the ending! Baby girl knows baseball stuff. Family tradition

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was angelic and we will do it again anytime. The boy didn't cry �� until you guys got home lol. He loves his nana and pops and that's what we are here for. Loving him up

    ReplyDelete