Monday, April 3, 2017

Bluebonnet Pictures

It's Spring/Summer in Texas which means the wildflowers are in full bloom. None are quite as pretty as the sea of bluebonnets lining the roads. A friend tipped me off to a library in Conroe that had a good bluebonnet area for taking pictures. Though the lighting wasn't ideal, I was crunched for time and the toddler wasn't being cooperative, I still managed to snag a handful of sweet shots of this Texas boy in his native habitat. 























Recently I watched a podcast from Ted Talks Kids and Family called How to Raise Successful Kids without Overparenting. It was a great reminder to keep perspective and to allow our children to breathe and develop beyond our personal expectations. This particular quote resonated with me and came to mind when I shot this photo of my wild child running through the bluebonnets:  

"Once upon a time, I think I was treating my children like little bonsai trees; that I was going to carefully clip and prune and shape into some perfect form of a human… But I’ve come to realize- my kids aren’t bonsai trees. They’re wild flowers." Julie Lythcott-Haims

No comments:

Post a Comment