Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Office Remodel

Our neighborhood is about 15 years old, right at that age where the houses are starting to look outdated. We were lucky that the family who owned the house before us did a lot of updating so the house was nearly move in ready when we got the keys. We changed some of the light fixtures and other than that, the only room we were unhappy with was the office. While it was fine by classic Texas standards, all that wood and midnight blue paint was a bit dark and dungeon-y for me. 

Since I'm the one who uses it as an office the most, we decided to give it a facelift and soften it up a bit. We painted the cabinets, molding, and walls and replaced the desktop with a granite counter. 



 I was super nervous when the contractors started working on the cabinets because at least two of them came to me and asked: "Miss, did you know that the paint is green?'. It had me second guessing my color choices for sure. But what can i say? I am a green kind of girl. I always gravitate to earthy tones and love my parents' sagey green kitchen cabinets which is where I got the idea for our office.   



We still need to get a rug, put in new hardware and hang some wall art but I'm very happy with the way it's turning out!

1 comment: