Thursday, March 31, 2016

Little Explorers

For the past month, Forest has been partaking in a nature/hiking class through Valley Parent Preschool called Little Explorers. The kiddos range from walking toddlers to 3 year olds and each week we meet up at an area trail or park to do some light hiking and heavy exploring. 






When I first heard of the class I thought it was perfect for a kiddo like Forest and I was right. For the first time I feel like we've tapped into a mommy&me extra-curricular that encourages and celebrates his adventurousness and curiosity. 



I'll say that he's hands down the MOST exploratory kiddo in the class but he's in pretty good company. I like that there are kids of mixed ages and developmental and activity levels. I think it's important as they get older to be exposed to different personalities, and I think sometimes being around calmer kids calms him down, while at the same time, cautious kids seems to get a bit more courageous with Forest leading the charge.








It's been a really fun activity and we have signed up for another session this spring. I think it's safe to say that Forest is glad we dropped out of Music in order to do swimming, hiking, and church. He's got a pretty busy schedule for a 2 year old but we are loving all the fun things on our to-do list and learning a lot of things in the process. 










If you are more interested in Valley Parent Preschool or their explorer classes (they have a separate class open for older age groups), you can find more info here.

1 comment:

  1. Who enjoys wading into a creek ang getting soaked in March. Forest

    ReplyDelete