Monday, February 15, 2016

Dawn's Early Light



After a few months of consistently clocking 12 hours of sleep per night, Forest reverted back to his early waking habits about a month ago. I was fairly patient with this, telling myself it was just a phase, but after 3 weeks straight of this 5:30 AM business I am starting to get a bit grumpy. I still have a tiny shred of hope that his final 2 year molar is causing this unsavory wake up time and that once the tooth is through we will have peaceful mornings once again. For now, I’m at least trying to take advantage of the gorgeous morning light surrounding our breakfast table and practice some photography. 













And I think it goes without saying that I am drinking copious amounts of coffee. After brushing his teeth in the mornings, Forest has even started saying ‘OK now let’s get coffee!!!!!’ He knows the drill. 






The ironic thing is that I was such a morning person before Forest was born. I loved the quiet and dim morning hours and felt my most productive before 8 AM. I used to voluntarily wake up at 5 AM to work out and do my bible study. Crazy! Now I am supremely grumpy until at least halfway through my second cup of coffee and totally resent my human alarm clock for waking me any time before 6:30. At least he is a cute little bugger.







No comments:

Post a Comment