Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Sick day(s)

Forest has been a smidge under the weather the past few days. For the last 3 days he's been running a fever between 100.2-103.5. Luckily the fever seems to be his only symptom so far so yay for no asthma complications. 

While it stinks because he feels crummy and we are housebound, it's also nice in a way because he is being sooooo snuggly. He even fell asleep in my arms for his nap today which probably hasn't happened in at least a year. His fever also has him pretty lethargic which means he will actually sit still long enough for me to take his picture. And yes I am shameless enough to use his illness as a time to practice my photography. 


Even sick he has the most beautiful features. I love his crystal blue eyes and full lips. 




And have you ever seen a more perfect profile? 



Toddlers are gorgeous creatures. 

In between fever spikes, Forest is generally back to his usual self. He is loving the bubble machine Nana and Pops got him for Christmas, and it also makes for good photo ops. 





Jon made the comment yesterday that he kind of wished he could have a sick day to stay in his jammies and binge watch his favorite TV shows all day. Maybe eat a popsicle or two. Take a nap. Go to bed early. I think that is my absolute fantasy these days. If I could have a 'sick day' without the actual being sick part, that would be just wonderful. A girl can dream. I hope y'all are staying healthy this cold season!

2 comments: