Monday, August 31, 2015

Look Who's Talking: 22 months!

Forest turned 22 months over the weekend which means I have only 2 more months of referring to him as a baby Waaaaaaaah. I’ll go ahead and pass him the mic before I get too emotional. Here he is for one of his last ever guest posts: 
 **********************************************
Hiya guys. It’s been a big month for me. I spent half of my time as a 21 month old visiting my family in the south. I learned a lot in my time there including how to say ‘yes ma’am’, how to dip cornbread into my red beans and rice and how to use my baby blues to con my Nana into feeding me snoballs for lunch. 

Here’s a rundown of my likes and dislikes at this point in my life. 
Dislikes: 
1)Going to the playground. Yes, you read that right. Excursions to the park might be fun for other babies, but there is a whole world out there for me to explore. I can’t be expected to be satisfied with a swing set and going down the same boring slide 20 times in a row. Ain’t nobody got time for that. My parents have finally started to relent and occasionally let me go on nature walks versus the same old song and dance at the neighborhood play structures. 
2) The heat. The Scottish-born boy has no tolerance for temps in the 90s, especially when those temps are accompanied by 100% humidity. 
What my hair does in humidity.

Sweaty baby.
The first words out of my mouth when we touched down in New Orleans was ‘It’s hot!’ and I don’t believe a truer sentence has ever been spoken. 

Likes: 
1) Baby Einstein. This is for sure the #1 love of my life. Upon meeting anyone new, my first question is ‘You watch Einstein?’. Their answer tells me all I need to know about them as a person. 
Andrew likes Einstein and therefore I accept him as my baby cousin.
I could watch Baby Einstein morning, noon, and night, and if my mom tells me no, I will give her an earful. It’s gotten to the point where she and my dad have staged an intervention and I’m supposed to be on “detox” from any and all screen-time. I outplayed them by consistently cutting an hour off of my normal nap time so that if my mom wants any time to shower/cook/fold laundry/scroll-mindlessly-through-facebook she has to relent and give me the goods.   
2) Doing things by myself. Other than ‘Baby Einstein’ my favorite phrase is ‘I hold it!’. 

3) Wearing bowls as hats. 
I mean, that’s just good classic comedy right there. 

4) Stuffed animals. Who needs imaginary friends when you have real live stuffies to make believe with? 



5) Blowing bubbles in the water. 
And really, anything that has to do with water is fine by me, especially if it involves giving my mom a panic attack. 
6)Snoballs. 
Earth to California---you’re a great state and all, and I can maybe forgive your lack of decent queso dip, but you really need to rectify the ‘no New Orleans style snoballs’ problem.  Is that too much to ask? 
8) Grandparents. All of my grandparents refer to me as 'Master Forest' and treat me accordingly (aka simply with the reverence I deserve.) And they never turn me down when I ask for Baby Einstein, snoballs or potato chips. Maybe I could take the heat of the south if I had my grandparents there to follow me around fanning me. Or at the very least to take me to the beach or the pool every single day. 



Oh, and Uncles, Aunts and cousins are pretty awesome too! 




I wish they'd all move to California so we could hang out more often in totally reasonable outside temperatures. 

Alright folks, that's about all I got for you today. See you next month!





2 comments:

  1. Forest- you forgot to mention you are"A FRIEND TO HAMPSTERS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. There was so much to love this month, I guess happy hamsters just slipped his mind.

      Delete