Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Look Who's Talking: 20 Months Old!



Holy Moly! Forest is 20 months old. That is 4 months away from being 2. TWO!!!! Two is a really big deal. Two is preschool and potty training and all sorts of other big kid transitions. I am soaking up what is left of Forest’s sweet babyhood, though I think it’s safe to say that the ‘terrible 2s’ have landed early at our house. Hello tantrums! Here is Forest to tell you a bit about what makes him smile and what makes him throw himself on the ground and scream bloody murder. 
********************************************* 
Hey folks. How’s it going? I hope your summer is off to a good start. Mine began with a summer cold which was the pits but on the other hand I got to watch countless episodes of Sesame Street so it wasn’t all that bad. Elmo for the win! Speaking of Elmo, let’s get on with my monthly likes and dislikes spiel. 

Dislikes:  
1) Music class. 
This again??? Mom, give it up already. You didn’t marry my dad because of his dancing skills, and I’m afraid he’s passed his lackluster rhythm on to me. I’ll sing Old Macdonald all day long and I’m not saying that I don’t enjoy a bit of Raffi on Pandora, but sitting in a circle singing Kumbaya with a bunch of babies is just not my idea of a good time. 
And the worst part is that music class is in the same space as Studio Grow (see article 2 on my ‘likes’ list) so it’s absolute torture to sit in my mom’s lap during “lullaby time” when there is a perfectly good train set to be played with in the next room. 
2) Being sick. Especially when my mom insists we stay home so I can’t do fun things like go to swim class or hang out with my buds. However, I do like slurping down honey and also getting snot sucked out of my nose, not to mention the loads of TV I get to watch while being quarantined so being sick isn’t all bad. 
3)Wearing shoes. I'm a Cali boy at heart and much prefer to go through life barefooted than with shoes on my feet; even if those shoes look like Dinos and light up. Good try though, mom.  
I use any opportunity I have to discard my socks and shoes as we stroll around town, but unfortunately my mom and dad have been able to track down all missing footwear so far.

Likes: 
1) Drawing.  
While music is not my thing, I do like visual arts in all mediums. Markers, crayons, pens, paint, sidewalk chalk. It’s all good. 
And my parents are pretty stoked that they can take me to restaurants again and I’ll stay perfectly and quietly entertained the whole time. Win, win. 
2) Studio Grow. It’s like my play room times a million and there are so many toys that I can get by without having to share too much. I usually hit up the lego and train tables before taking a few turns on the roller coaster and exploring the 2 story play house. 


You can see why I’d rather spend my Monday mornings here than in the music room. Womp womp. 

3) Sesame Street. I still like Baby Einstein and, in a pinch, I will tolerate Daniel Tiger but I really prefer Sesame Street these days. Elmo is my homeboy. 
 4) Samson.  
He’s right up there with Elmo and we have a definite Bromance going on. Ok, so maybe it’s partly one sided but he’s coming around to my charms, especially since I’m so generous with the Cheerios. 
5) Hiding. It’s a hoot. My favorite spots to hide are the downstairs bathroom and behind the trees in our backyard. 
And when my mom searches frantically for me it's absolutely hilarious! 
 And when I'm hiding in the bathroom and open the drawers so that she can’t open the door to get to me: OMG too funny! Plus it gives me ample time to splash around in the toilet...Winning!

Alright guys, that’s me. See ya in a month.  In the meantime, feast your eyes on this:












No comments:

Post a Comment