Monday, June 1, 2015

Look Who's Talking: 19 months old!



Happy 19 months to Forest Alexander. I think this month has been the most transformative of his life so far. His vocabulary has completely exploded (over 100 words!), and his mannerisms and mobility make him seem much more like a little boy than a baby. Of course, the big boy haircut he got this month also makes him seem much older to me. But for sure, he’s a totally different kid than he was just a month ago. I’ll let him tell you about it. 
Hi friends. I’m super close to having enough words to write these blogs all by myself, but for now I appreciate my mom’s toddler translations. Let’s do this thing.


Dislikes: 
1) Sharing. I have learned the word ‘mine’ and I’m not afraid to use it. I like going to my buddys’ houses and playing with their toys just fine but having them over to play with my stuff is the total pits. 

2) Asthma.


If it’s not teething or an ear infection, it’s something else, am I right? Just as soon as I hit a good stride, I had a flare up of breathing issues that kept me up all night coughing. My doc prescribed a stronger breathing treatment which has cleared things right up but it’s still a hassle to use an inhaler twice a day. 

The only good thing about it is I am supposed to rinse my mouth out afterward so I have full permission (and encouragement) to take massive gulps of water and then spit it out everywhere. Every toddler boy’s dream come true. And don’t y’all worry, I don’t let this asthma diagnosis affect my energy level AT ALL and can still run circles around my mom and dad. 

3)Leaving the park.  
You want to see me throw a full-body-thrashing temper tantrum? Tell me we need to leave the playground to go home. You’ve been warned. And telling me I need to leave the park because it’s naptime or bedtime??- oh you’ve really asked for it now.



Likes:  
1) Coloring. 
Usually I hate sitting still but I make an exception for coloring.   
 2)Grandparents. 

Who doesn’t love having their own personal fanclub? Add in FaceTime chats and constant care packages in the mail? Grandparents are the best thing ever invented. 

3) Old Macdonald. This is my most favorite song and I know lots of it by heart, like the ‘ee-eye-ee-eye-ooh’ part and I can fill in the blank with both the farm animals and their corresponding sounds. My mom gets on my case that I only ever say ‘…and on that farm he had a’: ‘cow’ or ‘sheep’ but hey – did you ever think that Old Macdonald might have decided just to focus on farming one or two animals? Seems like an economically sound decision to me. 

4) Bubbles. Especially now that I don’t have to my mom blow them for me and can make them myself with my new Fubbles no-spill bubble contraption. 

Plus this way I can also sneak a taste of bubble solution when my mom inevitably looks away for .2 seconds to check her Instagram feed. 
Yum! 

Alrighty folks, same place, same time next month. See you then. 



I thought getting him to sit still for a picture would be easier as he got older. I was wrong.

He loves to cuddle with his stuffed animals. It's the sweetest thing.



He loves his "BOOTS!"

1 comment: