Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Photo Challege Update: Rainy Day



Back in December I started following a series called 31 days to a better photo. It was probably not the best time to start since we were about to leave town for 2.5 weeks. Still I brought my camera along for our trip down south, but while we were there I started having issues with my camera’s focus. Jon had gotten me a new lens for Christmas so I didn’t know if perhaps it was a learning curve with that or if there were an issue with my actual camera, but the crisp images I was viewing in the viewfinder were not what was coming out on film. I was kind of discouraged since my family wanted me to take family pics and a lot of them were out of focus and unsalvageable. These were the best I got:

Unfortunately working around 2 babies' naptimes meant we were taking pics in midday sun :(











Since getting home I have taken steps to clean my camera which has helped but I still feel like it’s not focusing as it should be. I plan on taking it in to the camera doctor next week if a few more at-home troubleshooting remedies don’t fix the problem. Anyhoos, it’s frustrating because I feel like I’m just starting to get into a good groove and really starting to grasp the basics of shooting in manual mode but this has certainly slowed down my progress.

Still, I couldn’t resist an impromptu photo shoot with Forest playing in a very rare California rain storm this past weekend. We bought him a Hatley raincoat and boots for Christmas and were kind of looking forward to the first opportunity for him to wear his new rain gear. He’s constantly trying to put his rain boots on and carries them throughout the house. 

They are a little big but fit well enough for splashing around in the back yard. 









I think it's safe to say that he had a blast playing in the rain and I had a pretty fun time trying to capture it all. 
Next up, I'll be trying to better learn the concept of white balance and how to apply it to my photography. I'll hopefully have another photo shoot to show you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! You're doing awesome, keep jt up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some pretty photos for sure. Love the raincoat and Wellies!!!! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete