Monday, September 10, 2018

First Day of Pre-K!

Forest started Pre-K last week and I'm equal parts excited and emotional. Knowing this is the last year before Kindergarten is hitting me hard. As a stay-at-home mom, I feel like once your youngest/only child hits school age, its a mini empty-nest syndrome. Having an only child means experiencing every single milestone for the first and last time all at once. The preschool years have been so fun and I'm cherishing them and prematurely mourning the end of this season of life. 

But it hasn't all been flowers and rainbows, especially in terms of school. Forest has been veeeeeeery slow to warm up in the school setting which has caused lots of worry and wondering about his social development. I'm happy to say that this year seems to be getting off to a great start! He is talking to his teachers and making new friends and just looking more comfortable in general. No one loves school more than this kid and I hope that continues his whole life. 



Have a great year, sweet boy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment