Tuesday, September 5, 2017

First Day of Preschool!

Forest started a new year of preschool today, which hopefully means more time for blogging on my part! I have lots of thoughts on Harvey and also want to write about our most recent trip to Florida so fingers crossed, I will find some time to document those soon. 


As for preschool, I was a tad nervous since we decided to switch Forest to a new school this year. His last school was fantastic but enormous. Our little guy is quite shy (major understatement) so we felt like a smaller school might be a better fit for him. Well, his first day couldn't have gone better! He was excited to go and left me happily with a hug and a kiss. He even cooperated with a back to school photo session!




The first day was only about an hour as part of their 'gradual entry' start and he came out dirty and smiling and saying he was ready to go back tomorrow. But this time he wants to go back for 5 hours! He said his teachers are sweet and all the kids are nice and he had fun playing on the playground and with all the trains, trucks, and cars in the classroom. 





They have a little one-way window into the classroom from the hallway so I got to spy on him a bit. It made my heart happy to see him playing right in the midst of kids his age. He's really starting to thrive socially which is a huge development over the past few months. I'm praying this year is full of new friendships for him! 

 For your own editable copy of this printable, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment