Friday, January 20, 2017

Big Green Tractor



It’s been raining Noah’s Ark style in Houston lately which is a big fat bummer. Not only does it sourly effect my mood but Forest is a kid who literally NEEDS a physical outlet. I think even more than the typical boy, Forest’s physical needs outrank his peers. He thrives when his gross motor skills are in play and loves to be outside, even doing something as simple as running or splashing in puddles. 

Because of this we’ve always gently suggested that our parents buy him ride on toys that he had to actually propel himself. My parents obliged for his 3rd birthday by buying him his first pedal bike and we all know how that turned out. 




Total obsession. 

For Christmas, my parents didn’t ask for my advice or permission for what they got Forest. Instead a John Deere tractor showed up on our doorstep courtesy of Amazon. It was quite a feat to keep this hidden from Forest until Christmas since it’s big enough to warrant it’s own spot in the garage. It’s so hard core that it comes with it’s own radio and off-road capabilities. Needless to say, Forest has been over the moon with his new tractor and I have been as well. 
Even at full speed (which let’s be honest, is the only mode Forest drives in), I can keep up with the tractor as long as I power walk whereas on bike rides I am always in sprint mode. 
So despite my original ‘only self-propelled ride-on-toys’ stance, now I find myself trying to sell the tractor versus the bike for our neighborhood excursions. 






The sun has come out today for the first time in a week and the next few days look gorgeous, so I am sure both modes of transportation will get some mileage after being so cooped up the past few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment