Friday, December 2, 2016

Thomas and His Friends



Since I was a month late on the birthday party post, it’s fitting that I’m also 4 weeks behind on Halloween. After last year’s near disaster with dressing Forest as a monkey on an 80 degree night, I was very cautious in choosing his costume this year. I decided the safest bet was to let him choose himself. I threw out a couple of ideas as we scanned the aisles at Target but once he spotted Thomas the Tank Engine himself, there was no persuading him to be something (ANYTHING!) else. 

So we went with the cheap, tacky Thomas costume and I have to say it was a raging success. He was the happiest Thomas I’ve ever seen and was just beaming to represent his favorite storybook friend. 



Forest has reached peak Thomas obsession, y’all. It’s all he talks about, thinks about, plays with, etc. He’s almost become a hermit that I have to pry away from his train table in order to go to the park/preschool/church/anywhere. You can just about guess his Christmas wish list. But I love it. I’m told his train obsession will one day end so I’m soaking in these simple, innocent days of spending hours around a train table. 






1 comment: