Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Moving Timeline

We are less than 12 hours away from the movers showing up to pack up all of our belongings and things are getting real. Here is just a snapshot of our timeline over the next 7-10 days.


Thursday, June 16- Movers arrive. The plan is to pack up everything except our bedroom sets so that we can spend one final night in our home. Jonathan intends to supervise the movers while I keep Forest out of the house via the zoo all day. 


Friday, June 17- Movers finish boxing up our things and load them into a truck. We have our carpet professionally cleaned once the furniture is all gone and we move to a hotel for the night. 


Saturday, June 18- We fly to Houston (with Samson in cabin) and move into a hotel in The Woodlands.


Monday, June 20- We close on our house and become home owners again!!


Tuesday, June 21- Our appliances are delivered and we are having a pool guy come and measure our pool for a safety net which we plan to have installed asap. 


Somewhere between Tuesday June 21 and Saturday, June 25 is the estimated delivery/unpack date for our belongings. Hopefully sooner rather than later because living in a hotel with a toddler and a dog is never fun! But either way it will be much quicker than we got our stuff with either international move so it feels like small potatoes in comparison.


I’m definitely starting to feel the stress and feel like I have knots in my tummy at all times. I have that perpetual feeling like there is something that I’m forgetting or something else I should be doing. Like that cramming for final exams feeling. You’d think we’d be pros by now but it still tends to give me panic attacks when moving time is imminent.I guess I just need to take a deep breath and brace myself for the chaos. Prayers for calm hearts and smooth travels are appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! It will be over quickly and in a hotel someone else makes the bed for you :) That is what Matt always reminds me of when we transition to a new place - HA! See you soon in The Woodlands!

    ReplyDelete