Thursday, July 30, 2015

Look Who's Talking: 21 months old!



Woohoo! Forest is the big 2-1 today. Twenty-one months. Gosh I can’t believe it. And these guest posts are getting really hard to come up with these days! With Forest’s budding personality and exploding bank of vocabulary words, I almost feel like it’s harder to ‘get into his mind’ to come up with a narrative. I guess I feel like it’s hard to speak for him now that he can sort of speak for himself. I’m going to try to keep up with the guest posts through his second birthday though, but I'm having a much easier time writing up his monthly summaries (which will be up on the blog early next week). Here he is to give you the scoop. 
 ****************************************************
Hiya guys. Let’s get on with the show. 

Dislikes: 
1) When my mom turns the TV off. 
2) When my mom turns the iPad off. 
3) When my mom tells me I can’t use her phone to watch Baby Einstein. 
4) When my mom won’t let me look at the pictures on her camera. 
5) When my mom won’t let me play with her computer. 
6) Etc.   

Likes: 
1) Anything with a screen. 
Hence my displeasure about all the items on the aforementioned dislikes list. 
2) Art.  
This month I was introduced to paint for the first time and my love affair with the visual arts soared. My preferred medium is still chalk (and my preferred canvas is the Restoration Hardware coffee table in the living room) but I’ll make a masterpiece with whatever materials I have at my disposal. 

My favorite thing is when my mom or dad traces my hand and I get to color it in. 
I’m also working on my handwriting skills. 
My mom says I have a future in calligraphy. 

3) The zoo. My parents took me back to Happy Hollow Zoo last weekend and it was probably the best day of my life. I was star struck to see all my favorite animals in person. 
First we hit up the petting zoo to feed the goats (!) and then my luck continued when I also got to pet a horse (!), cow (!!)and sheep (!!!).  It was if Little Blue Truck came to life and I was in little boy heaven. Not to mention all the cool playgrounds and rides they have there. 




Add in cool animals like foxes, lemurs and anteaters and you’ve got yourself a bonafide toddler paradise. 
4) FaceTime. Anytime I see the iPad I start nagging my mom to put in a call to my Nana and Pops. And if they don’t answer I go into hysterics as my mom frantically dials everyone in her contact list to try to find a substitute FaceTime participant to placate me. I try to FaceTime with Nana and Pops at least once a week. My mom says I’m going to visit them in the flesh next week. Talk about being star struck! 

5) Checking the mail. It’s the high point of my day, especially when we have packages and double especially when those packages are for me! Thanks Nana Kay! 
6) Pancakes. Specifically the frozen blueberry ones with Elmo on the package. The best pancakes are microwavable, dontcha think? 

Alright guys, that's me. See you in a month when I'll be feeling 22 (Oh yea, go ahead and add T. Swift to my 'likes' list.)






No comments:

Post a Comment