Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Look Who's Talking: 8 months old!



It’s time for our monthly blog post from Mr. Forest Alexander. I apologize if he comes off a bit cranky today as he just received his 7th tooth and is working on the 8th one as we speak. Prayers are appreciated.  

Hey guys! I don’t know what my mom is talking about. I’m a super happy guy despite waking up at 5:30 AM for the past week and skipping the occasional nap. If you ask me, she’s the one that’s a bit cranky from lack of sleep. I’m doing just fine! Does this look like the face of someone who is grumpy? 
Okay, so maybe I'm a little on the cranky side...

Anyway, let’s get on with the show. Here are a list of my likes and dislikes at 8 months of age.  

Likes: 
1)Grocery shopping. Or anywhere where I can sit up in the cart while my mom pushes me. 
This is awesome for 2 reasons: 1) I get to sit up and examine lots of new things.  2) It’s a great way to display my good looks so that strangers come over and gush about how adorable I am. They really can’t help themselves and I don’t blame them. I’m always very gracious to my adoring fans and give them my best smile and boyish charm. 

OMG Safeway is so much fun!
2) Finger Foods. Now that I have 7 teeth and have mastered my pincer grasp I am allowed to feed myself a bit. Things I like best are cheesy poofs, steamed carrot sticks, beans, sweet potato fries, bananas and cheddar cheese.   

Not only are these things delicious but they go a heck of a long way in earning  bonus points with the pups. Every now and then they even let me pet them and will get close enough to lick residual sweet potato off of my cheeks/hands/neck/hair/etc.
3) Selfies. It’s no secret that the camera loves me. When I’m in one of my moods, my mom just switches the iphone around and let’s me practice my modeling. 


Works like a charm. 

4) Books. 

They are the only thing worth staying still for. 

5) Climbing.  
And I thought crawling was awesome. Standing and climbing gives me a whole new world to explore. 



 6) Waking up with the sunrise. 
I really don’t understand why my mom doesn’t like this as much as I do. 5:30 AM is a perfectly acceptable time to wake up on a Saturday, am I right? Can someone please explain this to her? 

7) Grandparents!  
What’s not to like about a completely captivated audience and a constant stream of compliments about my beauty, intellect and athleticism? 


Finally, people who get me. 

Dislikes: 
1)Teething. Seriously y’all, teething is THE WORST. And apparently my mouth is trying to win some kind of world record for quickest acquisition of baby teeth because this is becoming the never-ending story. 
As soon as I get any sign of relief, the swollen gums and fountain of drool starts all over again. 
So. Much. Drool.
Restoration Hardware furniture is perfect for teething on...

THE WORST. 

2) Falling. Falling down from the standing position is the second worst. I’m getting much better at the art of falling on my tooshie but I haven’t perfected the dismount yet and sometimes end up with a coffee table to the nose. 
Ouchie ouchie. 

3) Being restrained. I got places to go, you know? I can’t be spending too much time holed up in my stroller or my high chair, and certainly not in my car seat. The only exception to this is when I get to ride in my backpack with my dad. 
That’s just plain awesome. 

Alright folks, I’ll see ya next month. Maybe by then I’ll be walking. Get ready mom (**insert evil laugh here**)! 

I'll leave y'all with some more of my 8 month pictures. Just when you thought I couldn't get any cuter....





3 comments: